Saturday 15 August 2009

Eat, 'work' and play


Although Grace doesn't 'play' yet; the work and eating bit is going quite well (touch wood and any other talisman to hand please!).
Our training got a boost with a visit from 'Aunty' today. Always helpful when an understanding and responsible adult can lend their presence for some 'stranger danger' training. New people in her space is becoming less of a threat, so long as they don't move (blinking is allowed) :-)
We did a little loose schooling work in the barn, with Aunty watching. Tried out the can I get Aunty to feed me mid work out, but moved on when asked. Very good, ignoring the bilateral lameness in front, not a foot out of place. (I am sooooooo keen to get the shoes off and get her feet sorted.)
Definitely getting keen on the syringe bumping, I am hopeful that I will soon be able to tie this up with the lip flapping work and start dropping sugar syrup into her lower lip pouch. All in preparation for the day when I have to drip the sedative in. Ate all her lunch which is always helpful and an easy turnout this afternoon, even though there were two other horses near the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment